Utah 3 Day Workshop
November 2018 (tbd)
Moab Desert, Utah, USA
Your own personal drone
Limited to 6 Participants
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
Serious beginner - Intermediate
What You Will Learn
*NB: You do not need a part 107 FAA License to join this workshop.
- Pre-Flight check lists including optimal drone settings for safe and successful flights
- Using the DJI flight tools (active track, waypoint flying, tripod mode, etc.)
- Optimizing camera settings, to realize the potential of the camera.
- Learning to see like a professional, what to look for and how to anticipate changing lighting conditions to be in the right spot at the right time to get the best shot.
- What to do with the footage you have captured to make it look the best. How to get it into editing, color correcting basics using DaVinci Resolve.
- Opportunity to work as a two person crew as either the cinematographer or pilot. This is how the best shots are obtained. You will be standing right next to Phil or Ian and working together to produce the shot you direct!
- One on one critiques by professional cinematographers and editors in the film industry.
Skill Level Required
Intermediate and serious beginning students are welcome.
We encourage teams of two to maximize the creative potential of the drone pilot and aerial cinematographer combination.
Enrollment is limited to 12. This will ensure individual attention to maximize each students/team’s potential.
What to bring: Technology
- Your personal drone. We think DJI is making the best and most reliable drones in the marketplace. These are also the drones we are familiar with.
- Spare propellers
- Enough batteries for at least 60 minutes continuous flying.
- Battery chargers
- Memory cards
- External hard drive
- Still camera
- Small backpack for your extra kit
- Laptop ideally with software for editing. (not essential)
MOST important is a good attitude and an excitement for flying
Dates: Nov 2018 (exact dates tbd)
3 shooting days. We can not predict the weather, every effort will be made to have 3 full days. There are no refunds on account of weather or crashes. Utah is a spectacular state with many opportunities to hike and experience the outdoors. If the trip is cancelled prior to departure, we will reschedule for a later date.
Tuition: $ 1950 USD
- Transport (Start and finishing in Salt Lake City)
- All tuition
Airfare: on own
We will be picking up and returning to Salt Lake City International Airport. We will depart on arrival day from Salt Lake airport no later than 10 am. If you plan to arrive later than our departure time please make your own arrangements to rent a car. We will return to Salt Lake airport by 7pm on the day of departure.
We will reserve rooms in each location. Please indicate if you have any special preferences. Rooms are typical of the area.
Basic breakfast and lunch are provided while shooting. We will try and accommodate any special dietary needs if we are notified in advance. Dinner on own with the exception opening night reception.
- This workshop has a minimum of 5 and maximum of 6 participants.
- There will be charging stations for batteries on the RV.
- A desktop computer edit station will on be the RV allowing for edit sessions between locations.
- Each participant will receive a DAA tee shirt.